A personal chef will come to your home and prepare food according to a pre-planned, personalised menu designed to suit your taste. The chef will do everything from food sourcing and shopping, prepping and serving the meal to cleaning your kitchen after the dinner. In order to get the most out of the experience with your personal chef, you should understand how best to hire a personal chef that ticks all the boxes for you.
1. Get in touch with a company that specialises in personal chef services and has a broad range of personal chefs on their books.
At Your Table is such a company but there are others in the market. Call the company and discuss with them what you are looking for. The better companies will be able to guide you through the process and tailor a chef experience or hire that will best suit your needs.
2. Browse the profiles and menus of a few personal chefs and discuss your personal tastes and dietary needs.
Have the chef show you a sample menu and explain how the service works. This is also a good time to chat with the chef of company about how much it will cost and how you’ll be expected to pay. Browse our chefs here.
3. Find out more abut the personal chefs background.
Some people will prefer a chef that has professional training, while others are totally fine working with a chef who has self trained. Some of the best chefs in the world are self-trained such as Heston Blumenthal. At Your Table has a mix of chefs almost all with professional training.
4. Pick a personal chef company or chef that has personal liability insurance.
Accidents can occasionally happen in the kitchen, so its wise to ensure that your personal chef has liability insurance in case of any emergencies. At Your Table Personal Chefs all have public liability insurance.
5. Its good to understand that there’s a difference between a personal chef and a private chef.
Personal chefs often have a large number of clients and are available for one off bookings as well as regular services. Private chefs sometimes live with a client or they may visit they clients regularly and prepare meals as needed.
6. Ask for at least 2 references from each personal chef you are considering and contact the referees before making a decision.
Ask the referees their thoughts about the chef’s food, personality, timeliness and other important factors to you. At Your Table check all chef references for you so you don’t need to worry about this if you book with us.
We hope you found this article informative and whether you decide to book a Personal Chef using At Your Table or another company good luck and enjoy the experience, remember to do your homework and try and use a reputable company with great feedback. At Your Table also offer our guarantee to set your mind at ease. Happy Eating.